I don’t love football, but I do love watching the Super Bowl and just hanging out with friends and eating yummy food. I read recently online that on a Keto diet you can’t even go to a party or enjoy a social night with your friends because you can’t eat anything. I strongly disagree with that! Here are my family’s favorite low carb snacks and dips you can make for a Super Bowl party or a Tuesday night at home.
1. Meat and cheese tray. So many choices here: nuts, cheese, cheese crisps, salami, summer sausage, bacon and pepperoni. Just to name a few.
2. Chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces, you can serve these on toothpicks with cheese if you’d like. Just use a dry rub and olive oil or your favorite low carb marinade.
3. Chicken wings, just steer clear of sugary sauces. Go with just seasoning and eat with ranch and veggie sticks.
4. Buffalo chicken dip with veggies, my personal favorite is celery. Kraft seems to be the lowest carb cream cheese I’ve found, just check your labels. This recipe is so easy!
5. These sausage balls from Keto Size Me are so good!
6. These chocolate chip cookies from Peace Love and Low Carb! Ally made them for us this weekend.
7. Stuffed jalapeno peppers with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.
8. The cheeseburger casserole in the photo above is very good. Served with guacamole or salsa, even better. It might be more of a meal depending on the serving size, but could be a snack as well. I made a few changes to the original. I use cheddar or something other than American cheese and added peppers and bacon.
9. Bell pepper nacho boats from Skinny Ms.
10. A million and one things to do with Cut da Carb wraps…..quesadillas are the perfect finger food.
So, there you have it folks. An amazing list of just 10 snacks we can think of. Truth is, there are tons! You do not have to miss a party or dinner with friends because you are low-carb. Don’t let anyone tell you different. Unless it’s a pasta buffet, then you are on your own!
Do you watch the Super Bowl game? Do you host or attend a party to watch the game?
What is your favorite Super Bowl snack?