What’s in your make-up drawer?

I love make-up. I always have. I love to wear it. I love to buy it. Ulta sucks me in like nobody’s business!

Not sure why but my mom never wore make-up much when I was little, still doesn’t. ¬†While I love make-up, I never really got a lesson in applying it. I keep thinking some day I’ll get my friend Shannon to teach me, her make-up is amazing!

My make-up is in a 3 drawer container under my sink. Most of it is in one drawer though.

It’s a jumbled mess in there. Mascara, brushes, eye shadow applicators, blush, eye lash curler (which I just started using), and anti-wrinkle cream of course.

My favorites:

• Eye liner: Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus
  • Mascara: Almay but I’m trying the Ulta brand and Rimmel as well.
  • Foundation: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse
  • Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
  • Eye shadow and blush: Ulta brand

Makeup

My favorite place to shop for make-up is Ulta and I love their coupons and sales! Wednesday I found my mailer with my rewards in it and a coupon for another free item. The Ulta brand was buy 1, get 1 free. So, long story short: I got 4 items for $2.17 with tax. I have no idea how, it was supposed to be at least $6.

I feel like I robbed them!

Ulta

New items:

Where do you keep your make-up?

What’s in your make-up “drawer”?

Favorite make-up brand? Item?

Blog sig

Loading Facebook Comments ...

10 comments to What’s in your make-up drawer?

1. Jenne says:

Don’t have a make up drawer but I do use just mascara by Maybelline and if I wear shadow it’s black from Mac.

2. Meg O. says:

You don’t even wanna see my makeup drawer(s). It’s ridiculous! I guess that’s what comes with the territory of being a self-proclaimed beauty blogger!! I haven’t tried much of the Ulta brand makeup, but to me it seems very hit or miss. Which products from that line do you like the most? That’s a great deal!

• howmyworldruns says:

I’ve had really good luck with Ulta Eye shadow and blush. I don’t care for their eye liner, but I don’t use any pencil liner. Thanks for stopping by!

3. Betsy says:

I keep my makeup on the wall in a hanging makeup bag (it’s the kind that that you can roll up and take with you). It doesn’t have much in it. Kids used all my shadow (don’t ask lol) but I still have mascara, eye liner (in black and blue) and bb cream (that I got as a freebie from my mama voxbox). I don’t use it all often, but I’m working on it. =) I would say my favorite is eye liner. I have long dark lashes already and the liner adds a pop that makes me feel really glamorous.

4. Catie says:

I really like to get stuff at Ulta too!

• howmyworldruns says:

Most of the time you can’t beat the prices. I like my eye shadow as singles so I can choose what I want and not have to buy a pack of 4 just for the one color. Thanks for stopping by!

5. SonTurtle says:

I have a little make-up bag that holds my eyeshadows in my towel drawer below the top little drawer that holds everything else. I put the eye shadow seperate so if they break they don’t get color powder all over everything and I don’t care about brands on those, I choose by color. I love the Ulta cream to powder foundation. I Love Mary Kay and Maybelline Falsies Mascara and smokey color eyeliner and am a lipstick fanatic. I use Maybelline Super Stay 24 or the 14 hour with and a matching shimmer or gloss over it so it’s not so dry. If nothing else, I will put lips and mascara on.

• howmyworldruns says:

Mitzi, I completely forgot about lipstick. I love the Maybelline Super Stay and I think there’s a Cover Girl version that I use as well. :-)

6. Lea says:

your makeup drawer looks like mine! Thanks for the mascara hits, I am always trying to find “the one.”

7. Shannon says:

Thank you SOO MUCH for that sweet compliment in your blog!! I’m not sure I’m much help in the teaching dept but I think u do a great job! I don’t just have a makeup drawer..I have two drawers, stuff on the counter and two shelves in the bathroom linen closet. ALL super organized and I switch it out by season. I was a total tomboy growing up but because I was a dancer I had to wear makeup all the time and I just learned along the way. My mom was really good at it too so I guess I got that from her.

Tell me what you think!