When I first saw the topic for this week, I wasn’t sure how mindfulness factored in. The more I thought about it and after seeing the discussions for this week, I get it and it’s big! We have to pay attention to our bodies, that’s what it’s all about.
It’s about being mindful of our eating, our emotions, our thoughts, our breathing and our body. Each day is a different topic, join the Living+ page on Google to stay up to date. The topics this week are brought to you by Kim Nicol.
I’ve linked each day to the Living+ event so you can find it easily.
Monday: Being mindful of breathing. I think this means literally and also means take a break, relax, leave the stress at the door.
Tuesday: Being mindful of your body. Rest, whether injured or not. Know when it’s enough.
Wednesday: Eating. It’s so important, but sometimes the hardest thing to control. I take it a day at a time. Some days are good, some days aren’t. Being mindful of what I put in mouth might be the most important thing!
Thursday: Heart, being mindful of your emotions. This is a hard one too. Emotions are a roller coaster ride. Being able to exercise and have an outlet for it, helps. Hopefully Kim has some great tips!
Friday: Thoughts. Being mindful of our thoughts is so important to our health. Don’t beat yourself up, learn to be happy with who we are, what we are becoming, what we have achieved so far.
I’m looking forward to this week and what Kim has to share!
- This starts week 3 of marathon training. So far, so good. Main difference is a 4th day of running. I’ve done that before but not at 4:30am!
- Water: always important, I’m more mindful of it now.
- Food: I haven’t been much more hungry than normal, but my nutrition isn’t great. I start the week out good then it ends poorly. I wish this wasn’t such a struggle for me. I always feel guilty after making those bad choices. Not a good cycle.
- Speed work: It’s going good, 4 miles run/walk intervals each Thursday. I’m hoping to see those results this fall!
- Allstate Half is October 26. I’m looking for a PR, but I haven’t decided on a number yet.
Did you workout today? Are you tuning in this week? What about your goals?
Link up your goals here.
Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1