It’s Monday, so it’s time to check on those abs, introduce a new exercise and check on our goals!
My ab routine looks like this: in no particular order and as many reps as you want! I try to get it 3 reps.
- Bicycle (count to 50)
- Reverse Crunch (count to 20)
- Leg raises and on the last one I try to hold my legs just slightly off the floor, it’s so hard! (count to 20)
- Bridge (1 minute)
- Crunch (count to 20)
- Plank (30 seconds to 1 minute)
I’ve been doing a bridge in my normal ab routine but I came across this version and decided to give it a try!
Lie on your back with your butt against the wall and arms at your sides. Bend your knees and plant your feet 3 to 4 feet up the wall. Raise your lower and middle back off floor, keeping your shoulder blades on the ground. Hold for a deep inhale, then exhale and slowly return to the starting position.
MAKE IT HARDER
Cross your right ankle over your left knee so that only your left foot is on wall.
MAKE IT EASIER
Don’t use the wall. Keep your feet flat on floor as you lift into a bridge.
- Water: doing pretty good. It’s easy to get the water done when it’s so hot!
- Weights: I can bench press 50 pounds now!! But John says I need to up that since my arms aren’t sore….
- Swim: I didn’t make it this morning. Going to try for Wednesday.
- Food: decent, not too bad most days.
- Marathon training: won’t really start until late July or August. I’m keeping my mileage low on the weekends for now to rest my legs and adjust to this heat and humidity.
- Home organization: some days good, but I haven’t set aside any time lately to concentrate on purging stuff!
- Races: I’m running a 15k and our Moms Run this Town virtual 10k in July. None for August or September at this point.
Have you made any goals? Are you accomplishing them?
Link up your goals posts here!
Have a great week!
Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1