I recently joined an online community of Texas Women Bloggers! I’ll share their mission, but feel free to check out their website for more info!
To be a Texas-based blogger community dedicated to growing women by gathering them into a common space with common objectives and by connecting and empowering them for the greater good.
In summary: Gather. Grow. Connect.
They are hosting a self-interview link up party, so here goes!
1. What part of the state do you call home? I grew up in Dallas, I’ve lived in the area my whole life!
2. How long have you been blogging? Since August 2012
3. Why did you start blogging? Hmmm, I started running and I had lost weight. I started reading a few blogs and for some reason thought I can do that too! Some days I wonder what I was thinking, but I love it!
4. What do you hope to get out of the Texas Women Bloggers community? Friendship, networking and hopefully learn something new!
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? That’s a tough one. If you had asked me 5 years ago, I had no goals. Now the list is endless. I’ll run my first full marathon this year. So, maybe in 5 years I might have 5 under my belt! I will be 40-ish (yikes) and celebrate 20 years of marriage so that is definitely something worth mentioning! Hopefully I’ll still be blogging and running and still be in better shape than I was in my 20′s.
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why? I was once told I reminded them of Tina Fey, I have no idea why since she’s funny and I am definitely not. I’d love her to play me since she will make me look fabulous!
7. Name 5 things on your bucket list that I hope to check off before I die. Run a Full Marathon, Eat and drink my way through Italy, visit Alaska, hold my grand baby (my daughter is 11), and drive a really expensive car like a Porsche!
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why? That I was a good example. A good example of how to be healthy, happy and to show God’s love. It doesn’t show in my life daily, but I’m trying to be better.
9. Describe one “wow” moment in your life. Holding my baby girl for the first time. It seems like forever ago and sometimes it’s hard to remember everything but holding her for the first time was definitely my “wow” moment!
10. If you could “be” anything, (no consequences, no fear) what would you “be”? Totally sounds weird, but I always wanted to be a lawyer. Didn’t want to go to school though. Looking back now I don’t think I would make a very good one, definitely not a defense attorney.
Hope you learned some random things about me. Pick a question and answer one in the comments below, I’d love to see your answers!
Have a great Friday!
Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1