Welcome to Day 1 of #30DayHomies! I hope you are as excited as we are to kick this off! Just a reminder that if you need an old post, go check the #30DayHomies page and everything will be there.
Sara at She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs is my co-host in this challenge, I will be sharing her posts with you as well. She will have different posts, so go see what she has to say!
Probably by the time you see this I will have measured and weighed myself. I haven’t measured in a while and I can tell I’ve let a few areas go. So for this challenge and beyond, I have a few goals. They aren’t all fitness related.
- Continue #plankaday challenge.
- At least for January, enter all my food, exercise and water into My Fitness Pal. I need to reign in some snacking. It’s a great app if you aren’t familiar with it.
- Keep working on my core
- Drink more water
- Run 1000 miles in 2013
- Complete the 13 races in 2013 challenge
- Complete my 1st full marathon
- Get my house organized, specifically the home office.
- We have some financial goals as well, those are always good to have, right?
Suggestions to get you going:
- Start a #plankaday challenge. Basically just hold the plank as long as you can, next day same thing, and just build on it. The longest I’ve gone so far is 1 minute, 30 seconds and I’ve only done that once!
- Walk. If you don’t know, that’s how I lost 30 pounds, it got me to where I am today. This Starting Out post has some good info in it, if you haven’t seen it yet.
- Wii Fit is a great tool for bad weather days. Yoga and mild cardio in there.
- Nike Training Club app, I LOVE this thing! They have 15-45 minute workouts in there. Great for any fitness level.
Today’s giveaway is only up for the day, enter to win the 3M Reflective Happy Band from Running Happy. Just click the Rafflecopter link below to enter.
One of the entries is for a blog comment. Tell me what some of your goals are or what you plan to do today!
Today’s hint: You might want to take some pictures of your #30DayHomies journey, we might be asking for them at some point!